Tuesday, June 8, 2010

World Cup! woohoo!


So with the world cup approaching, there has been some really cool stuff being designed for it. Everything from posters, to advertisements, to info graphics. I think I may dedicate more then one blog to it but to start Im going to talk about the commercials. Since apparently I can only upload one video to my blog, so I will talk about one and post one. So first up the Nike commercial. so yes, it's Nike, the commercial have to be amazing but they out did themselves this time. I love the concept of write your own future, that one play can change your future. I think its brilliant. One top of the concept it has all the star players and is executed perfectly.

The other commercial I loved was the pepsi commercial. Not only is the whole idea of the commercial really creative and unique. Its fun, light-hearted and captures the essence of the game. The song in the commercial by Akon makes it perfect.
Watch it here:


I think that the world cup is an amazing event. It unites the world and gives people something to join together and enjoy. It's like the olympics but better! haha Todays quote is what inspired the Nike commercial.
“Every touch you have in a game has the ability to change the entire course of not just those 90 minutes, but your entire tournament or season, One touch of the ball can be an opportunity to leave your mark on the game and write your own future, or equally a moment missed, that creates a legacy for your opponent with their fans.” - the amazingly gorgeous, Christiano Ronaldo.

No comments:

Post a Comment